Livermore Road closure??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gram

Reaction score
From FS website -

"The current Greeley Ponds Trail closure, which extends from Lower Greeley Pond to the former Knights Bridge location in the vicinity of the Timber Camp Trail junction, will be extended to the Greeley Ponds Trail’s junction with Livermore Trail. This closure will be in effect until operations cease for the winter. The Livermore Trail is closed from the trailhead at the parking area in Waterville Valley to the second junction with the Mount Tripyramid Trail, also until operations cease for the winter."

I knew Greeley Ponds Tr has been partially closed since Irene, and they're working on it, but was really surprised to see Livermore closed!!

Anyone have a status report on how they're coming along?

From FS website -

"The current Greeley Ponds Trail closure, which extends from Lower Greeley Pond to the former Knights Bridge location in the vicinity of the Timber Camp Trail junction, will be extended to the Greeley Ponds Trail’s junction with Livermore Trail. This closure will be in effect until operations cease for the winter. The Livermore Trail is closed from the trailhead at the parking area in Waterville Valley to the second junction with the Mount Tripyramid Trail, also until operations cease for the winter."

I knew Greeley Ponds Tr has been partially closed since Irene, and they're working on it, but was really surprised to see Livermore closed!!
The LT had a number of spots where there was significant erosion damage. They were passable on foot but might have been nasty on skis. Some of the spots might have also been susceptible to additional erosion.

Haven't been there in a while so I have no idea when they might reopen the trail.

Doug

I've mountain biked and hiked that section several times in the past 3 months and up to Norway Rapids it was totally fine. The section between NR and the second junction of the Tripyramid Trail is quite eroded, which is what they must be working on. Not sure why they are closing the whole thing though...

My guess is they are running dumptrucks up the road with gravel. The washout was pretty extensive.