Flatrock Hill via ski area 11/11/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoySwkr

Reaction score
Flatrock Hill was the only summit on the Official NH Highway Map that I hadn't at least scouted, and I learned from a couple websites that it was at the top of Arrowhead Ski Area and hiking up is allowed. I walked up the service road which makes a big loop around and is double the direct distance, met a couple ATVs which are allowed on the service road but not ski trails and also a mtn biker. The road continues uphill past the top of the lift to an open ledge area which is not flat but rather abrupt where a plaque has been removed. There is a flagpole nearby which can be seen from the bottom of the rope tow but not from the parking lot. Three locals who had walked up singly were surprised to meet up on the summit. The direct ski trail down was too steep for my taste, so I started down another ATV trail then took a connector over to the easternmost ski trail. A nice walk if you live in Claremont or are bored with wherever you live.