New Favorite Piece of Gear

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erugs

Reaction score
What is your newest favorite piece of hiking gear? Mine is the Op Tech USA camera strap system that attaches to the front of my pack and lightens the weight of my DSLR. I bought it just prior to my recent trip to Nepal and I liked it so much that I gave it as a gift to my guide before I returned home. Then I re-purchased it for myself and added the SLR Wrist Strap to my Amazon order. These make carrying my DSLR so much easier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYXV4wEDQGs

What is your newest piece of gear that you wouldn't want to be without?

Last year I bought the Patagona Alpine softshell pants. These pants have proved to be better then I had hoped. Ive tried everything in all combo's and these eliminate all other combo's for me. Above 25 degree's, I wear just briefs underneath, below 25 degree's, I wear lightweight Capaline, in the event of extreme cold as in sub-zero, I wear expedition weight capaline underneath. They slough off snow and I rarely wear gaitors with them, which I love because I never liked full length gaitors.

Screw on stove. I had the old kind for years that required a little bit of set-up at each use. The new stove that just screws right on top of the cannister is a brilliant idea, and one I'm surprised I didn't think of first.