Bear tracks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Saw two sets of bear tracks during a Friday-Saturday backpack over Garfield and the Twins (trip report to follow sometime).

First set was between Garfield and Galehead hut. Second set between the two Twins. Lone set of tracks in both instances.

Alas, didn't get any photos as I had my cellphone turned off to protect the battery from the cold.

On a side note, one of the joys of hiking in the winter is seeing all the tracks. They are everywhere! We saw tracks presumably from a little bird, three lines going straight out. If anyone knows what bird that was, please do share.

All the best,

Brian

I saw bear tracks on the Mount Kinsman Trail (Friday) as well as the Kinsman Ridge Trail. Nothing but snowshoe hare tracks on Waumbek on Saturday. The bears are not yet "hibernating" and with the small snow amounts, the tracks are abundant.

1450335_666119256744660_863667336_n.jpg

That's my size 13 boot at the bottom, for reference.

Tim

Bear, Bobcat, Snowshow Hare, Canine, Deer, and several others were noted on the Blackheads yesterday. The Bear was a peak bagger, and a big boy as well!

According to the Cheetah's trip report on NETC there also could be a Sasquatch hanging around the Dry River area.

I saw some very large bear tracks on Glen Boulder Trail two weeks ago. Followed trail for a fairly lengthy stretch but didn't get to see it.