Any Plans for Boxing Day?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summitseeker

Reaction score
Hello VFTT Community,

Happy Holidays!

Thursday looks to be a potentially snowy Boxing Day, but I thought I would start this thread so people can share their post Christmas plans.

I am considering a few "in the trees" options, as of now the Tripyramids are pretty high on the list. Does anyone want to share their plans? Maybe some people can connect for some post holiday hiking.

Peace on Earth,

Z :D

Have to work on Boxing Day but some plans are in the works for New Year's Day. Hopefully something as tall as the weather will allow.

I'll be at work, but snow cover over the ice would be great for this weekend!

Hello All,

Merry Christmas.

I will be scouting out the Pine Bend Brook Trail today with the hopes of a hike tomorrow. My guess is that it will be pretty icy but broken out would be a bonus.

I will have an update later today.

Does anyone else want to chime in?...

Pine Bend Brook Trail is broken out but covered with frozen footsteps. I will be there tomorrow and hopefully the predicted 1-3 inches will smooth things out.

I am guessing a lot of people are back to work tomorrow or ignoring this thread. Oh well, either way the Hancocks and Tri's are open for business (scouted both of these today and spoke with two gentlemen who finished the Hancocks from a clockwise loop).

Merry Xmas,

Just saw this Z, call me if you're not leaving super early for the Tris. I have two pooches tomorrow.

Sorry Amiga,

I went to bed early and didn't check the computer this morning. The Pine Bend Brook Trail was covered with iced over footsteps that later became buried under snow. It was tricky footing and a rather jarring descent (rough on the knees).

I wore microspikes at first, Hillsound Pros from the ravine to the summits, and snowshoes from the ravine to the car to help smooth out the trail.

Talk to you soon,