Snow Amounts in NH and White Mountain region from yesterday's storm??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaiagirl

Reaction score
Would love to hear any snow amount reports from folks who live up North and in the vicinity of the Whites. Friends west of Plymouth and in the North Conway area are reporting a wide array of snow totals and conditions, so more beta would be useful.

It was coming down fast from 4:00 on. By the time we got to our car in the PNVC at 8pm it already had 8 inches of powder on it. The drive back was interesting - spots with a couple inches of slush, and then others with 8 inches of powder, and then others with a few inches of cement. All in all it was a pretty diverse event. Rain/snow line was in Hooksett.

6 to 8 in Gorham, its wet and slushy underneath and any spot they have plowed is icing up. Give it a day or so and this might be a good base over the ice in the trails.

3 inches at the base area of cannon/ mittersill

1 inch twin mountain/ beaver brook/ little river road

a solid 8-10 at crawford notch

quite a lot of variation..looked more like an ice event on route 3..all the trees coated

Thanks for chiming in, all! Should be interesting to see what comes of this next one .... Here we go again!!! Wish it would just snow up there, maybe get a touch warmer and be dry as a bone down here for my commute South of Boston every day! :D Already looking like maybe a snow day from school on Friday. Visions of teaching well into June are already giving me nightmares!!! ;)

Pinkham Notch had a solid 12" of new snow from trailhead to mountain top Monday morning. Similar in Crawford Notch, maybe a touch less. Twin Mountain area (Hale specifically) got only 1-2" down low, increased gradually to roughly 10" at 4000 feet. It appeared from watching the radar Sunday evening that there was rain for a good while in Twin Mountain before changing over, while it was snow from the start most everywhere else.

It might be iffy, as elevation was a big part of this storm. Might be a fluffy top on a crusty base.

Tim--do you think there's enough snow to ski in Lincoln Woods?

--Carla

Ah, ok, thanks folks, very helpful. And I see some more related info on snow levels on this page http://www.outdoors.org/recreation/tripplanner/go/backcountry-weather.cfm (Nice to see that Zealand road is skiable…)

Will be interesting to see if this next snow storm (Thurs/Fri) brings a lot up north. Supposed to be heavy snow down here in MA--good for out the front door skiing but I am still eager to do some back country up in the Whites--soon!