Unplowed parking lots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty E

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone might know why Bowman trailhead on Rt. 2, Owl's Head on Rt. 115 and Cherry Mt. also on 115 are not plowed in the winter???
A trip up to Mt. Martha is an excellent warm up hike and would also be a nice family style outing (great views from Mt. Martha summit in two different spots)...Lefty E PS I don't know why I waited so long to ask this question!!!

I've shovelled out small parking spots for myself before in the catskills before... :D This doesn't answer though the original intent of your email. I suspect it might be $$ related but a squeeky wheel gets the grease, maybe you can ask the appropriate owner of the lot for one, it might answer your question, two, it might tell them that somebody might use it if it was plowed...

Jay

Wondering if anyone might know why Bowman trailhead on Rt. 2, Owl's Head on Rt. 115 and Cherry Mt. also on 115 are not plowed in the winter???
I know the Bowman trailhead has been plowed in the past, I've parked there several times. I think the others have also.

Maybe whoever does it is snowed under and hasn't gotten to it yet. If it's NH DOT, they have cut back a lot on plowing this year and unless they find more revenue it will only get worse.

Those lots are state of NH owned lots and I expect that the state has cut back on plowing. Bowman is a private driveway to a house that used to be plowed. I haven't seen it plowed for a few years. the Cherry Mtn/Owls head lots have rarely been plowed for several years.

Those lots are state of NH owned lots and I expect that the state has cut back on plowing. Bowman is a private driveway to a house that used to be plowed. I haven't seen it plowed for a few years. the Cherry Mtn/Owls head lots have rarely been plowed for several years.

Thanks for the info Dennis...did not know if the Forest Service or State or RMC had control of these trailheads..too bad the snowbanks, at least, could be knocked down...every so often I see the Cherry Mt. trailhead plowed, but I think it is done by the trail maintainer....