GPS tracks for NH 4K

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethW

Reaction score
I'd like to find a source, if there is one, where people provide their NH 4K gps tracks that can be loaded onto another gps. Thanks for any info.

BethW. posted this to the NH trail report forum but since you cant resond to those posts I copied it here.

BethW asked:

"I'd like to find a source, if there is one, where people provide their NH 4K gps tracks that can be loaded onto another gps. Thanks for any info"

I'll now respond this.

BethW: An excellent source is WikiLoc at: http://en.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/home.do I use it for all my hikes now. Just search for the peaks your interested in then browse the submitted tracks and download the one you like either as a file to your pc or directley to your gps. I’ve found that jmmdds has good tracks for most of the NE4Ks. One note though, be cautious of the date of the track. I tried to follow one that was posted mid winter and ended up bushwhacking through a field of small spruce that were covered during the winter. Note ypu may have to join to download , but it's free

Last edited:
GPS tracks for NH 4K - response

BethW: People cant respond to posts under the trail conditions post (at least i can't), so i copied your question and responded under the General backcountry forum.

BethW: People cant respond to posts under the trail conditions post (at least i can't), so i copied your question and responded under the General backcountry forum.

That was a mistake! No more posting stuff until I've had my caffeine fix ... Thanks for that and I'll look up those links for tracks.

The thread describing these tracks can be found at http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?38643-WMNF-GIS-trails-data-GPX

Note: the tracks file can no longer be found at the links in the above thread--see the links in this thread.

Doug

Thank you; worth reading that thread. (unfortunately the search on this forum is not useful for short terms like "gps" "gpx" etc, so searching is difficult) The links above did work and I was able to download the trail info. The only issue so far is that I signed up for wikiloc and they said they'd send a verf email that I have not yet received - and I did double check my reg info so I don't know what's up there.

Thank you; worth reading that thread. (unfortunately the search on this forum is not useful for short terms like "gps" "gpx" etc, so searching is difficult) The links above did work and I was able to download the trail info. The only issue so far is that I signed up for wikiloc and they said they'd send a verf email that I have not yet received - and I did double check my reg info so I don't know what's up there.
Odd. Did you check your spam email

I signed up with my regular email account got through. Great resource!