Cardigan Lodge Ski and Hiking Trails - 2/1 and 2/2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btausend

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 2/1 and 2/2/14

Trail Conditions: I was at Cardigan Lodge for the weekend for a winter workshop with dozens of other hikers, backpackers and skiers. The class I was in did a lot of map and compass work so that meant bushwhacking when we went out. From time to time we crossed over or hiked along short sections of ski and hiking trails like the Clark Trail, Woodland Trail, Short Circuit, Back 80 Trail and Manning Trail. We were mostly hiking at the lower elevations. The trails were in great conditions with about a 12" base. We saw a few tent platforms with at least 12" on them. So I would have to assume the trails at higher elevations had better coverage on them. Sunday was on the warmer side so the snow was a little sticky. The upcoming storms should make conditions even better.

Special Equipment Used: Because we were bushwhacking we were using snowshoes. When we were on the trails they appeared to be well packed so I would think post holing would be at a minimum if you are not wearing snowshoes.

Comments: I did talk to a few skiers and they said conditions were great.