size 13 nordic ski & boot rentals

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrichard

Reaction score
Anyone know of a shop that rents nordic skis and boots in the corridor between Nashua and Plymouth (including Manchester and Concord)? Ideally it'd have size 13 boots too, but I'm coming up dry with just about anything. Here's what I've found:

* REI Reading - doesn't rent XC (anymore)
* Ski and Sport shack Wakefield (no XC rentals)
* EMS Nashua - no ski rentals
* every small shop in Nashua - no XC rentals (plus all the salespeople said go to a resort)
* Plymouth Ski and Sports - does have XC rentals, but no size 13 (Euro size 45 is the highest)

I'm hoping one of these two will work, but they aren't convenient:
* S&W Sports Concord - closed when called, but funky hours (open at noon) on Sunday
* EMS Peterborough - closed when called, not sure

Anyone know of other shops I could try?

Last edited:
I would try Waterville Valley. I'm not sure, but I bet many cross country touring centers require rentals be used on site. Have you called rhino bike works in Plymouth?

That said I have a euro size 47 American size 13 foot myself and the appropriate equipment. What exactly are you looking to ski?

Tim

Last edited:
I would try Waterville Valley. I'm not sure, but I bet many cross country touring centers require rentals be used on site. Have you called rhino bike works in Plymouth?

That said I have a euro size 47 American size 13 foot myself and the appropriate equipment. What exactly are you looking to ski?

Tim

Thanks Tim...

We're headed to the Flat Mountain Pond Loop for Sunday. I'll try Rhino Bike Works, fingers crossed, as well as the Peterborough EMS. Waterville Valley was my first thought too, but it's sort of an inconvenient drive. Are you in that area? If I strike out, can I PM you if you're around Sunday?

For posterity, here's my update:

* REI Reading - doesn't rent XC (anymore)
* Ski and Sport shack Wakefield (no XC rentals)
* EMS Nashua - no ski rentals
* every small shop in Nashua - no XC rentals (plus all the salespeople said go to a resort)
* Plymouth Ski and Sports - does have XC rentals, but no size 13 (Euro size 45 is the highest)
* EMS Peterborough - does have XC rentals, but no size 13
* S&W Sports Concord - WINNER! They do have XC rentals AND size 13

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Thanks Tim...

We're headed to the Flat Mountain Pond Loop for Sunday. I'll try Rhino Bike Works, fingers crossed, as well as the Peterborough EMS. Waterville Valley was my first thought too, but it's sort of an inconvenient drive. Are you in that area? If I strike out, can I PM you if you're around Sunday?

Hey, I am heading their on Sunday as well. You should tag along. ;)

Waterville Nordic does have size 13. However, they are SNS Pilot bindings and are not back country. I think you would find similar, either SNS or NNN, but not back country at most Nordic Centers

Waterville Nordic does have size 13. However, they are SNS Pilot bindings and are not back country. I think you would find similar, either SNS or NNN, but not back country at most Nordic Centers

I found the same thing. The place I rented from last weekend had really tall poles (skate poles, maybe) and one bent at about 30 degrees on me while I was charging a hill.

I've been resisting, since I had myself down to just one pair of tele skis, but next time I think I'm going to have to buy 1) backcountry poles, 2) backcountry skis, 3) backcountry boots. That's probably another thread though.

I found the same thing. The place I rented from last weekend had really tall poles (skate poles, maybe) and one bent at about 30 degrees on me while I was charging a hill.

I've been resisting, since I had myself down to just one pair of tele skis, but next time I think I'm going to have to buy 1) backcountry poles, 2) backcountry skis, 3) backcountry boots. That's probably another thread though.

If you're really determined, you can do backcountry stuff with touring gear. It's just...harder.