Tuckermans Parking - Plowing

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
While driving by Pinkham notch this morning I noticed a contractor was starting to plow open the overflow lot to the south of the visitor center. Some yeasr this has not been necessary due to lack of snow but this year I expect parking spaces will be tough as Wildcat is also quite busy this winter although they normally do try to set up hiker parking.

Just remember those using the overflow lot south of PNVC have to have a WMNF parking pass.

Last edited:
I didn't realize there was an iron ranger on the overflow lot.

I am not sure if there is an iron ranger but it was posted a few years back. I expect its the same scam as they do on the Kanc. All of the parking lots require passes but the facilities may be a couple of miles away. Only the lot immediately south of PNVC and on the same side of the road was posted, later in the season the grassy spots to the south on the east side of the road did not require a pass.

Please note that the lot referenced in this thread does not require a parking pass. Please go to the WMNF website to see where passes are required.

BY the way, they have also plowed out the "grassy sites" on the east side of the road that are a bit south from the previously mentioned lot.