Village Book Store/Littleton closed

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinMom+1

Reaction score
Perhaps everyone knows this but I just noted in yesterday's rainy day foray to Littleton NH that the Village Bookstore closed its doors.

http://caledonianrecord.com/main.asp?SectionID=180&SubSectionID=778&ArticleID=109217

So bummed. In addition to a great hiking book, map and outdoor adventure collection it featured local fiction and non-fiction authors that I really looked forward to perusing when in the neighborhood - plus more general book store fare. The basement educational toy and book store was a special favorite.

I suppose Amazon and the existence of online book buying represents progress in retailing but there's nothing like browsing in a good book store to open the mind to new paths.

Well, argghhh. I almost swung by there yesterday after walking in Pondicherry, I guess it's good I saved the gas. I am wicked bummed.

Really liked that store, a great selection of material. My wife and I stopped in every time we were in the area.

I wish the best for the staff, they were invariably helpful and polite.