Timing Of "The Bloom" On Alpine Garden

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
One of many hiking bucket list items I'd like to cross off the list this year is to catch the Alpine Garden in Spring bloom, when I'm told it is absolutely spectacular. I'm curious what the timing "window" is for that to happen. I know nothing about plants and I assume this late running winter will impact the usual bloom. I've seen numerous flower threads on VFTT so I am assuming this is something that gets tracked each year by enthusiasts.

If anyone can clue me in on when bloom is projected to be or any websites or threads that follow this topic it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think that this winter's copious snow has been more of an issue at & below tree line than in the alpine zone. I wouldn't expect much of a delay in the bloom, and pending real-time reports down the road, would recommend a planning window of early June through early July.

Also, the summit area of Mt. Clay is utterly gorgeous from mid-June through most of July - by far the most vibrant summit in the Presidentials imo. For a first-hand comparative survey of these summits (as well as fun company and a great workout), join me on the AMC/Boston single-day Presi traverse on June 14. http://activities.outdoors.org/search/index.cfm/action/details/id/75219

Last edited:
OK. Thanks for the info. I love Nelson Crag area too so I guess I'll plan a big loop during peak time and see what I catch.