Weekend hike to the Bonds

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotpockets

Reaction score
I am planning on a weekend hiking trip to the Bonds. I was thinking of going in via the Zealand Rd.
I was wondering if anyone might know what the trail conditions would likely be and might I expect crowds if I chose this hike on Memorial weekend?

I am planning on a weekend hiking trip to the Bonds. I was thinking of going in via the Zealand Rd.
I was wondering if anyone might know what the trail conditions would likely be and might I expect crowds if I chose this hike on Memorial weekend?

You will have plenty of company this holiday weekend!!!! There should be at least one trail report (for our next GRID - 48x12 finisher!!!!) on this website this week for the Bonds..

http://www.newenglandtrailconditions.com/

Went Lincoln to Zealand over the past 3 days. Only continuous snow was between the Zealand summit spur and Mt. Guyot. Sporadic monorail between the Guyot South summit and the Mt. Bond summit, and east of Mt Zealand on Twinway. Traction never went on, as rocks/roots were present for stepping or the rail was stable enough for our weight. West Bond spur had sporadic monorail. Bondcliff trail was clear below Bondcliff. Travel wasn't as bad as I expected in all sections. Enjoy...

Passed the Grid group who were in high spirits, congrats to Silverfox!

Last edited: