Galehead, South Twin - 5/25/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pac-man

Reaction score
Trails: Gale River Trail, Garfield Ridge Trail, Frost Trail, Twinway

Trail Conditions: The usual mixture of dry, damp, and boggy sections on the Gale River Trail. Crossings are easy. Garfield Ridge Trail is wet with a decent number of ice patches leading up the Galehead hut. Frost Trail is wet/muddy in spots, but fine. Twinway had a fair amount of ice remaining in spots, even with some snow included on the ice, which was an unwelcome sight. All navigable, only 1 or 2 times where we decided to step on the ice to get to our next step.

Equipment: Had microspikes in my bag, but the ice/snow is not consistent enough to put them on.

Comments: Similar to yesterday, the forecast was ominous, but we had beautiful blue skies all day. The trails were all wet, but everything was navigable, including the ice. Hung out on South Twin for a long time to soak in the comfortable weather and low winds. Saw a decent number of people, but the trails were never crowded because last I heard Haystack Rd is still closed so the Twins are not as easily accessed as usual. I imagine that will change soon though!