Mt. Abraham via Long Trail 6-1-14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdways01

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 6-1-14

Trail Conditions: Minor mud and wet spots in places, nothing to be worried about. One step over before Abraham, a handful of walk-unders on the way towards Ellen

Special Equipment Required: Hiking boots

Comments: Planned to do and out and back of Abe and Ellen from Lincoln Gap road. Turned around just before Ellen making the mistake of thinking I had gone past it when I looked back just after Cutts Peaks and saw a taller peak behind me than where I was. Should have ventured just a bit further, but looking through the trees didn't look like there was anything more ahead. The trail was in great shape and a LT hiker said it's the best section he had seen yet headed north. No snow or ice remained on the trails and there was only minor mud in places. Lots of PUDs between the peaks so it could be more enjoyable doing each peak separately. 44 piles of moose poop in less than a mile between Abe and Mt. Lincoln. Don't forget (like I did) to use the small heard path just past Abe to visit the plane wreck.

Your name: Adam

Your E-mail address: sdways01atyahoodotcom