Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail Spring Maintenance Trip 2 (7 June 2014)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
Date: 7 June 2014

Trails: Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail

Conditions: I hiked from the lower USFS lot for the two miles to Gem Pool and back out taking the 0.3 mile side access trail to Marshfield Station on the return. Other than one medium sized step over blowdown in the first mile, all work was done in the second mile this trip.

Primarily, water bars were raked and dug out where needed. Blowdowns were cleared of limbs impacting the trail and a substantial amount of maintenance brushing was done as well as more significant work in a couple areas. The trail is in great shape in the first two miles at this point with water bars running well and no trail blockages.

Comments: a gorgeous day to be out with with a lot of hikers on the trail. Mosquitoes were not bad with spray although I pulled off one tick. No black flies. Clearing water bars is not glamorous work, but it's really rewarding to see a dry trail where water had been pooled up only hours earlier. I hope to get out to the upper mile in the next couple weeks now that the first two have been finished.