NH Bike Week has started

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a positive interaction with some bikers last year near Sabbaday Falls. We were coming down with tools and one gentleman was impressed by my friend carrying a brush axe, saying something to the effect of, "Whoa, that guy's got a sword!" :)

I was in the Whites today (Fri.) and there were not many bikers though many of the businesses along the way were clearly geared up for the event. Just keep in mind that there's a lot of alcohol involved ... like hikers never do that ... so everyone should be extra cautious ... and it wouldn't hurt to be extra courteous.

The demographics of some of the participants are quite impressive ... after one hike my son and I stopped at a biker event at Loon and I was mistaken for a doctor who usually rides at Bike Week ... maybe had something to do with ... ;)

I ride my Motorcycle to the trailhead during the Summer Months most of the time. What demographic does that put me in?

Driving to Toby Keith (who was great) in Gilford tonight, our ill-considered route from the NE took us right through Weirs Beach, which is Ground Zero for Bike Week - quite a scene, and a lot of fun to observe, as many others clearly feel, since lawn chairs filled with relaxed imbibers lined the road for a mile before we reached the center. Good thing we left early. Lots of wet T-shirts in Weirs Beach tonight, it would seem. We dined first at the Yankee Pighouse in Ossipee, with bikers making up most of the other clientele. This is my 26th Bike Week and although you couldn't pay me to ride one, I've never had a problem with the bikers.

I went last year and found the whole thing to be quite tame. Nice people, bad carnival food, more T-shirt stands than trouble. Just people having a good time for the most part. The traffic was heavy last year but not terrible when I went - we had a fair bit of rain during the week, so it may have"dampened" the tone a bit.

We rode our bicycles on a popular route where they stay at campgrounds and although steady, wasn't as busy as I expected. Friday was loud, but Sunday and today so far have been relatively quiet. I'm sure once the weekend comes it will ramp up. Seeing alot of older bikers and they all seemed respectful of our bicycling, not revving as they go by, like some are known to do. Seeing alot of 3 wheeled bikes and some weird model that looks like a dune buggy.