Guyot camp site

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtn Yogi

Reaction score
I am headed out to hike the last of the 48, Bondcliff, this wknd!!!!!!! Very pumped!
I have been planning to do this as a traverse with an overnight at Guyot and the plans and WEATHER seem to have fallen into place! :):D
So a friend and I will planning to spend the night at Guyot which I understand is very popular in the summer :( and I have also read that the water can be unreliable??
Has anyone been up there recently and have anything to say about the water supply??
How many tent platforms are there??
Also if anyone has any other pressing comments about the trail from Lincoln woods to Zealand Road, they would be welcome!

Guyot ... read that the water can be unreliable?
I have stopped there for water dozens of times, mostly from May-November, over the years, and never found the spring dry.

There are four standard sized platforms and two larger ones, and a shelter that I've seen 15-20 people jammed into. There are overflow areas.

I was just there Monday night. Check out my trip report in the Trip section. the water is fantastic! running strong. I got there at 6 PM on a Monday and all the tent platforms were taken with the exception of the one right next to the privy.....I slept in the shelter with 3 other people.

Thanks GrayBear and Will I am bringing along a friend who has never been backpacking in the Whites and I want to make sure we have an awesome trip! This is one less thing to worry about :) Crossing my fingers we get there early enough for a platform! Wow! I knew it was popular but, packed on a Monday night!!!

This was my first trip to the Bonds. Absolutely awesome! I went up Zealand to the Twinway to Bondcliff. Plenty of water along the way plus the hut stop I never carried more than a liter at a time. Let us know how it goes.