Isolation, Saturday - 7/26

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Hike: Isolation, Saturday - 7/26 :)

I’m planning to hike Isolation on Saturday, July 26.

With great conditions, I’d like to hike from PNVC via Direttissima, Glen Boulder, and Davis Path round trip.

With less than great conditions a round trip via Rocky Branch probably makes the most sense (this could include Engine Hill bushwhack – group consensus)

I could also be convinced to use a car spot and hike in via Direttissima, Glen Boulder, and Davis Path and exit via Rocky Branch. A good morning forecast and questionable afternoon forecast could make this the most sensible approach.

The route depends on the weather as much as anything else.

Either way, the start time would probably need to be ~7:00-7:30am. (final target time TBD, I always favor early)

Is anybody interested in getting together for this one?

If you're interested or need additional details, please reply here or send a message, you know how to find me.

Note: I will update or re-post as needed due to the forecast

:)

According to the latest forecast from the National Weather Service, Saturday should be perfect for some above-the-treeline time on the way to Isolation. Unless there is a significant change my plan will be to hike from Pinkham Notch Visitor Center via Direttissima, Glen Boulder, and Davis Path.

I usually hike a moderate pace of book time or a little more. This won't be a fast-paced hike. I'm expecting outstanding views on this one and might spend a little extra time enjoying the sights and taking pictures.

:)