Another Boring Zealand-Bonds Trip Report! :-)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
We don't get out as much as we used to..life, the drive and competing interests....but it was decided earlier in the week that a Zealand Bonds Traverse was really a "must-have" summer kind of walk. Hope to be doing one every year at least for many years to come.

We had the pleasure this time of hiking it with near eleven year old Terra T Traildog, always bittersweet when we set foot on a trail, its hard not to think "this could be the last time we hike this one together". Young Pemi_Aussie Puppy and new pack member Gem were along for their first of hopefully many Z-B's.

Not much to report, water levels low, trails clear, cairns still there, scree wall seems to grow faster than geologic time would suggest....looks like there may be some new slides here and there....Bondcliff trail seems rockier post Irene.

Plenty of daylight so no need to hurry. Completed the trek in an unfashionable twelve hours :) Littlest dog had the fleetest feet from start to end.

Good eats afterwards, and sleepin' in on sunday.

Good times.

10548883_10203498522757578_8011586632823954539_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that "boring" obviously tongue in cheek! That sounds great, my wife and i are looking forward to our first trip along that route sometime next week. I'd say 12 hours is pretty darn good, tho i don't know what your typical pace is.