Any overnight Parking Restrictions at Lincoln Woods visitor center?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hikin'Dools

Reaction score
Just being "better safe than sorry". Are there any overnight parking restrictions or fees for parking overnight at Lincoln Woods? Would like to spot one there the evening before a Bond Traverse the next morning. Thanks!

Just being "better safe than sorry". Are there any overnight parking restrictions or fees for parking overnight at Lincoln Woods? Would like to spot one there the evening before a Bond Traverse the next morning. Thanks!

You can leave your car overnight (no camping in it). It's $3/day. I don't know if that means per 24 hour period, or per calendar day though (i.e., if an overnight is $6 vs. $3 - I left $4 last time just to be safe).

You can leave your car overnight (no camping in it). It's $3/day. I don't know if that means per 24 hour period, or per calendar day though (i.e., if an overnight is $6 vs. $3 - I left $4 last time just to be safe).
People leave cars there all the time for extended backpacks, leaving valuables not recommended

The form asks for date so it's presumably calendar day

Note that for $5 you can buy a weekly pass which is less than 2 day passes

It's per calendar day, so overnight is always $6. Makes the $20 annual pass look good if you're in the WMNF more than a couple of times per year.

Or two for $25, that way you can car spot with family/friend.....better yet, become a trail adopter for the FS and check to see if you can get one at no charge....

Also, a reminder that once you turn 62, you can purchase a lifetime National Parks Senior Pass for a whopping $10 ($80/year for the rest of us!). This pass can also be used in place of National Forest parking passes.

Also, a reminder that once you turn 62, you can purchase a lifetime National Parks Senior Pass for a whopping $10 ($80/year for the rest of us!). This pass can also be used in place of National Forest parking passes.

Alas, the price has jumped up to $80 for us seniors.:mad:

The justification is: "The additional revenue will be used to enhance the visitor experience in parks."

https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/senior-pass-changes.htm