NNN-BC boots for wide feet?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

HikerBob

OK - so now you know it ain't ever going to be safe on a skiable approach to a trail in winter again! I promise to wear a lot of bright red and maybe even carry a siren :eek:

Anyway, back to my question. I need to find an NNN-BC boot that will accommodate my wide feet. I picked up a pair of Alpina Tracker BC skis at a good price at a local ski shop but at this end of the season they were completely out of boots in my size. I did manage to find a pair of Alpina 1550's, also at a good price, at EMS and bought a pair.

Now, I tried them on in the store with a sock combo similar to that which I wear hking and as far as I could tell at the time they fitted well. I took a few laps around the yard on the skis (only fell down once) and a longer practice session at the athletic field at the college. Again, I only fell down the once and the boots worked well.

However, today I decided it was time to give it a go while toting my pack. Dang! The extra weight (and the pack was lighter than usual) put more stress on my feet and the boots killed me. They were tight on wide part of my foot to the point where I just had to stop. I'm glad I found this out today and not on the trail.

Any suggestions on a store I might visit to get a professionally sized boot and any recommendation on what might be a good boot for my needs?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob, maybe the boots need to be broke in alittle more. I have pretty wide feet and have worn a pair af Alpina BC 600's for quite a few years now. I wore them around for quite a while before I tried taking them out on the trails with a pack. I even wore them to work just to get some miles on them. Some boots take a long time for me to get comfortable in. My Karhu Sirius boots still are not really comfortable even after 6 or 7 short trips. Since you said your boots fit OK in the store you might try just toughing it out with some thicker socks till they get formed to your foot. Good luck.

Jim - I'm taking your advice and am wearing the boots to work.

I am having a bit of trouble getting the skis under desk however... :D

Bob