Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: worth a new "Best restaurant for post-hike dinner in Whites" thread ?

The new place just up RT3 next to the post office in Twin Mtn has a good standard pizza (thick crust) and sandwiches. Usually a bit less crowded than Catalano's. Its lot friendly place with the new owners.

Littleton Diner is killer
    AT '18, NH48, NE61/67, Redlining 65ish% complete

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    The new place just up RT3 next to the post office in Twin Mtn has a good standard pizza (thick crust) and sandwiches. Usually a bit less crowded than Catalano's. Its lot friendly place with the new owners.
    I've tried that place 3 times since the new owners. Won't go back. High prices and sub par food. Compared to a few other places we can go. But as we mariners say "any port in a storm".

This is the best we have found since migrating from Gorham. This is real Italian pizza that is well worth the extra 5 minutes for us as opposed to Littleton.....but we do take-out and only have brief exchange with the hosts....which seem fine and typical northern dry, but we always make each other smile. I buy extra cannoli and appreciate the high quality, but it costs.

I guess I don't read well- I was speaking of Catalano's which I only discovered this past winter.

2nd edit: maybe something more useful- just read this morning that the former Mac's Market in Franconia is now re-open after being purchased and rehabbed by the Presby Dynasty. They are stating that they are putting a heavy focus on their cafe-food offerings and to some peoples interest- a massive craft brew carry-out selection.

Story on page 2
    https://www.caledonianrecord.com/new...93727438a.html
    Last edited by Andrew; 07-03-2020 at 08:51 AM.

An overdue plug for the Wandering Moose coffee shop on Rt. 3 in Twin Mountain. Posted hours 6 am - 2 pm, great Cafe Monte Alto coffees, bakery treats and breakfast/lunch sandwiches. https://wandermoose.com/

2021 Update from Gorham.
    The 101-108 Main ST shops are seeing some changes:
    There is a new coffee shop with pretty good expresso, coffee, etc. called Dermody Road that soft-opened last week at 101 Main ST. Pretty decent yeasty cinnamon roll and coffee from there yesterday. Funky inside with lots of art and some seating. Plans to add live music later in the day. Hours seem to be unclear at the moment, so I'd call ahead: (603) 915-9144

Libby's/Saalt/Atlas: currently on "spring break". Seem to plan to reopen take-out from Atlas the first week of June; restaurants to open for in-person dining later in June.

Some more Gorham updates

The owner of Libby's was trying to setup some short term rentals over their business. The Randolph crowd that tends to pay the bills at Libbys/Salt/Atlas are heading back to town, they should be open soon if they plan to re-open.

Nona's the Italian restaurant on Exchange Street seems to have survived

Mr Pizza is still actively for sale but open

The former Wood Fired Pizza Place has reopened as the Public House, Its only open Wednesday to Monday. It was open sporadically during the pandemic

The Chinese buffet has reopened. Yokahama, Gorham House of Pizza and J's Corner restaurant are still around

The BBQ place is pretty much the same as before, they never did expand their BBQ offerings significantly and are catering to the ATV crowd.

Sadly the bakery that moved down the road to Welsh's lasted about a month so its now vacant. There is a food truck, the Butchers Daughter that is currently located next to Mr Pizza.

There is definitely a lack of grab and go breakfast spots in town ( White Mountain Cafe, Dunkins, Mc Ds and the new place). The Depot restaurant is now mobbed with ATV traffic now that the entrance to the ATV network is relocated to north of the trestle.

The Berlin area has lost a couple of restaurants post pandemic, but the Northland Dairy Bar remains a consistent place for a good meal.

Despite lots of realtors and investors pitching turn key vacant restaurant/hospitality opportunities with the ATV boom, not a lot of investment in town except air B&B.

The labor shortage has not skipped the area, plan on reduced days and hours, long waits and short staffs.
    Last edited by peakbagger; 05-31-2021 at 07:34 AM.

The former Wood Fired Pizza Place has reopened as the Public House, Its only open Wednesday to Monday. It was open sporadically during the pandemic
    For clarification. Does that mean they are only closed on Tuesdays?
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey