Mt. Washington Argument Becomes a Rescue...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but can you fine the person(s) not needing the rescue vs the one who did?
In a similar cases years ago, a group planning to hike the Franconia Ridge split up due to difficult conditions on the ridge. The group of experienced hikers who went on made it safely but the less capable ones who turned around got lost and received a bill from F&G. Gene was irate that there was apparently no mechanism/desire to include those who went on.

An article in today's Boston Globe reports that the the sons, after waiting several hours for their father, went back to look for him, which seems inconsistent with other accounts.

Yeah, we need the gossipy details but, on the surface, I would think these "boys" need to be fined, if not prosecuted. I can't imagaine, for the life of me, anyone leaving anyone behind in any circumstances of potential risk, let alone their older father with a "pre-existing" condition whatever that happens to be. Oh sure, lots of spin and new stories are apt to emerge, especially as people conclude what callous, inane, jerks these guys are.

I read that this morning and wondered if the "pre-existing condition" was mental-health related. Not that it would justify leaving someone behind, but I can see it leading people to want a little distance.

As Dug suggested at the top of this thread, it would be good to hear the full story, but that might now happen. Just as we don't know what has happened with the fight between the poodle and pit.

As Dug suggested at the top of this thread, it would be good to hear the full story, but that might now happen. Just as we don't know what has happened with the fight between the poodle and pit.

A poodle fell into a pit? :D

I read a line yesterday in the NH Union Leader (can't find it today) regarding some rescue activity/charges, and F&G was quoted (I'm paraphrasing here....) "...there was the recent rescue on Mt. Washington where the rescuee was bi-polar, and his caregivers couldn't care for him any longer and left him. We spent hours chasing him all over the mountain..."

When does a rescue become a chase?

I was surprised the media disclosed the illness. I liked the image of "chasing him all over the mountain.