Carrigain Brook Crossings?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattC

Reaction score
Ulster County, NY Avatar: Chapel Pond From Giant M
Planning on hiking Carrigain via Signal Ridge. Any info on the brook crossings on this route would be appreciated. Would water shoes be worth bringing? FWIW, even after yesterdays rain, it seems everything is still pretty low here. I've been in New Hampshire several days and have hiked Owls Head, the Hancocks and Whiteface/Passaconaway (today) and no brook crossings were difficult.

Becky and I were there today. We went in via the old trail and out via the reroute. Both water crossings are extremely low. Easy rock hoppin.

Becky and I were there today. We went in via the old trail and out via the reroute. Both water crossings are extremely low. Easy rock hoppin.

Just got back from my hike of Signal Ridge. I believe I was on the reroute the whole way in and out. There was one easy crossing before the junction with the Carrigain Notch Trail, which I expected to be after the junction. After the junction, there was nothing remotely challenging as far as crossings. Just a little stream with a log bridge over, and a dry brook bed. Anyway, great day to be up there, just endless views.