Mt. Langdon Shelter to Jericho Road bushwhack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd have pretty good woods and there are some great ledges to check out on the NE ridge of Mt Langdon. The only questionable part of this route is what the crossing of Rocky Branch River would be like. And you won't know that until you get there.

Id say go for it and have fun doing it infact tell me when and ill do it with ya.

You'd have pretty good woods and there are some great ledges to check out on the NE ridge of Mt Langdon. The only questionable part of this route is what the crossing of Rocky Branch River would be like. And you won't know that until you get there.

Thanks, Joe! I think you're right about the woods being good for this one.

The purpose of this trip is to hike Mt. Parker/Resolution by the shortest mileage possible. I wouldn't let the river crossing bother me, especially if it is at the end of the trip. However, if I start from the parking area and try to 'whack to the shelter first.... well, then I'd need an extra pair of socks and a junk pair of sneakers.

I scouted around in the woods off Jericho Road last week, but the riverbank is a real mess on the west side of the Rocky Branch. I ended up just driving over to the Mt. Langdon TH and hitting Mt. Parker Trail that way. Nice hike- gorgeous views of the southern Presies!

tumblr_ndwe1qpJuo1sp6lwpo1_500.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_ndwe1qpJuo1sp6lwpo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ndwe1qpJuo1sp6lwpo1_500.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 111
Whoohoo! I just got back from doing this hike/bushwhack that I have wanted to try for so long!

The Mt. Parker Trail is gorgeous! I think it just displaced the Mt. Eisenhower Trail as my favorite trail in the Southern Presies.

After carrying a compass in my kit for 30+ years, I put it to use for the first time today. I have no map and compass training to speak of, but I emerged from the woods only 0.2 from my car by simply following a bearing. I think I figured out that declination thing okay. I only had a few moments of panic when I felt certain that I was going to arrive at the Willey House, but I convinced myself to trust the bearing and keep the red in the shed. So psyched to see my car!