Avalon, A-Z, Zealand, Ethan Pond, Zeacliff, and Twinway - 11/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH Tramper

Reaction score
Date of Hike: Nov 10, 2014

Trail Conditions: All of the trails were in roughly the same shape. One blowdown, I think it was on Avalon Trail though I'm not sure. Nothing tricky. All crossings easy, even the one near the start of Zeacliff Trail (which was really fun). Snow near nothing down low, building to a couple of inches on the col. Easy passage, traction pretty good due to warmer conditions. No ice.

Special Equipment Used: Trekking poles to help balance. Gaiters not really needed. Microspikes or other traction is good to bring but you may opt to not use them -- we didn't and never really felt ill-at-ease because of it.

Comments: I hiked this one my good friend, Howard Aronson, who kindly offered to car-spot me and hike along on this redline quest (I missed a couple of chunks due to going up Whitewall last time I was in the area). Great day. Super nice area, especially near the base of Whitewall and at the start of Zeacliff.

ETA: Whoops. I forgot. There is a near head-height blowdown on Zealand Trail.

Mike "Tramper" Cherim
North Conway NH

Last edited: