Mt. Cabot Advice

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? Neither Superior nor Michigan ever froze up, nor did lake effect ever stop, when I lived near them. Maybe Erie and Ontario are different.

Eerie generally freezes over as it's way shallower than the others. If it's super cold the others will collect ice and become covered to some degree. Last winter's cold snow ice over much of the lakes:

http://time.com/9480/great-lakes-frozen-time-lapse-video/

I've learned all about the Great Lakes and a fire pit on Wambuk and that I musta got lucky when I did Whiteface as I saw zero persons when many of you have come across other hikers there. And to date my azz hasn't gotten up Cabot!!!!!! On the positive side, it looks like Cabot will count for a winter summit for me when I hit it in January.

I hope you can tell I'm not in any way pissy about the thread I often meander myself.....I'm just a wise ass. :D

When I finally get Cabot done I'll need some sort of champagne toast.

I will gladly guide anyone up Cabot from heaths gate for$$ of course?

Revival of this old thread. Short of it; I never made Cabot over the winter. Took a promotion at work and have been doing dual duties during a lengthy transition period. I'm looking to do Cabot (for real!!) this weekend. I'm wondering what should I expect for conditions? I hope to have a light pack!! Thanks for the help!

I was there Saturday. Softening snow down low, but plenty of it, and great snow conditions higher up. I was first to the summit and had to bushwhack to the sign--the trail/track was completely gone. Snowshoes.