Baxter Post-Turkeyday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklab2020

Reaction score
Clarksville, MD Avatar: Babo, SE Arete, Summit
I am headed to Baxter for some dayhikes, leaving on Friday the 28th.

I will use a mountain bike to access Roaring brook TH. As of today there was no snow on the tote road, just some icy spots, and Roaring brook road was gated off 2.5 miles in. They are calling for about an inch of powder on Thursday. Friday through Monday looks great with a nice high pressure system sitting on the park.

Would be great to have some company. I am open to early season alpine climbing as well, if there is any interest there. No permits are needed for above treeline travel until Monday.

Unless that's changed, I was told many years ago that bikes are not allowed to Roaring Brook. They ARE allowed on the tote road though.... You should check with the Ranger station there....

Jay

Don't forget that you cannot use the bicycle if you're planning to count these peaks towards your AMC 4K lists (NE67, NE100).

Oh thats awesome! I will have to keep that in mind. No... was just looking to get some late season (at the cusp of winter) photographs.

Baxter is to get 5-8 inches on wed night and stay cold through the weekend. I won't be going anywhere near there considering overnight permits are not granted until Monday and I don-t have a 34lb fatbike to break trail up roaring brook road 10 miles everyday =)

Keep an eye peeled for me in the Pemi or Daks =)