Lodging between Stowe and Waitsfield, VT?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a friend who is not on the forum and looking to do some VT4k peaks. They are looking for lodging suggestions for 2 nights in or between Stowe and Waitsfield VT.... any suggestions that I can pass along ?

Thanks,
Alan

Whoo, pricey. Years ago when doing LT sections and VT 4Ks, a buddy and I stayed at the Inn at Mad River Barn (madriverbarn.com) which had the cheapest sleeps that included a giant breakfast. Checking out the website now, some of it has gone upscale but there is an annex which looks much the same as previously. Worth checking out. We met the owner, Betsy Pratt, who is/was a true VT legend and was especially nice to us when she found we were not looking for luxury.

You didn't mention if they were looking for cheap lodging, or nice lodging. :) I've enjoyed staying at the 1824 House, a B&B on Rt 100. They'd have to talk to the hosts about having an early breakfast if they want to start early in the morning.

We stayed at the Econo Lodge in Montpelier which (IMO) had the best distance:cost ratio to the trailheads. As far as cheapo motels go, this one was average (didn't stand out as good or bad). No matter where you stay it is going to be filled with skiers though.

Little River State Park

If camping is an option, Little River State Park in Waterbury is centrally located and has easy access to Heady Topper and excellent pizza. We stayed there this summer when doing the VT 4Ks.

Last edited: