slide show venues in Boston - NE area ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm working on a new slide presentation, titled 'The Mountains are Beautiful - Everywhere'. Some really talented photographer-hikers have contributed photos and it will feature images from the northeast mountains, UT, AZ, CO, Sierras, NZ, Patagonia, Alps. I'm hoping the presentation will be an interesting sampler for people to get a look at places they may have never been before.

I'm not familiar with hiking club or library venues that might be interested in hosting the program and would like to be able to share it with friends from here and folks who contributed the images.

Thanks,
Alan

The AMC Boston Hiking-Backpacking committee often hosts slide shows at Cabot Auditorium at Joy St. You can contact them via amcboston.org.

Concord (NH) public library has put on a number of these programs (Jennifer Pharr-Davis, Not About the Hike, Himalaya by Erugs). You could give them a call.

Spoke to AMC HQ at Joy Street a little while ago. Can only use their facilities if sponsored by an AMC chapter. I'm waiting to hear back from the chapter chair but wondered if anyone is a member of the chapter and willing to run a little interference?

Tim, Concord close enough to do a dog hike before hand?

I'll directly contact the person in the HB committee most likely to organize the slide shows, if that's OK with you.

Dave, that's better than OK, thanks. Another member sent me the name of someone in the chapter and I emailed her last evening. Maybe with enough arrows in the air this will work out. At another recommendation, contacted the Concord library.

Last edited:
Tim, no problem either way. I can head home after the presentation or cadge a place with some Boston friends if they'll have me. I've driven home 3 hours after some presentations. No biggie.

Maybe the Highland Center would be a good option. I'm not a member of the AMC, so I do not Know the logistics of making it happen, but it seems like a great venue. I hang out there after hikes in the area and it seems the overnight guest would welcome a good show. You could use the bunkhouse cheaply enough. Just a thought.

REI in Reading also has a large room they use for various events.

I'm working on a new slide presentation, titled 'The Mountains are Beautiful - Everywhere'. Some really talented photographer-hikers have contributed photos and it will feature images from the northeast mountains, UT, AZ, CO, Sierras, NZ, Patagonia, Alps. I'm hoping the presentation will be an interesting sampler for people to get a look at places they may have never been before.

I'm not familiar with hiking club or library venues that might be interested in hosting the program and would like to be able to share it with friends from here and folks who contributed the images.

Thanks,
Alan

West Hartford, CT has an active and busy REI which enjoys hosting events like this. Let me know, and I'll be happy to contact them about this. I'm sure they'll want a month or two of lead time.