Snowing and accumlating in Gorham today

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiking Garfield yesterday, it was snowing all day, mostly graupel or snow pellet in form. There were a good 4 inches of fresh sand-like snow in the upper 1000 feet.

I have certainly been reminded again this week that April is a total transition month. Maybe some sun this afternoon.

Colchester CT on 4/23 got some snow and sleet but nothing coating the ground, just some school children hopeful for one last delay.....:D Got a little bit while I was hiking in Day Pond State Park, enough to curse the forecasters. Will be camping with Boy Scouts tonight and we have a freeze advisory as temps hover near freezing tonight....

Colchester CT on 4/23 got some snow and sleet but nothing coating the ground, just some school children hopeful for one last delay.....:D Got a little bit while I was hiking in Day Pond State Park, enough to curse the forecasters. Will be camping with Boy Scouts tonight and we have a freeze advisory as temps hover near freezing tonight....

I didn't see it myself, Mike, but I've heard from you and others reports of snow in CT yesterday. The latest in my three decades here. May's the record - we're pushing it!

Allegany County, NY -- yesterday (before sending it your way) we had a couple inches on the ground. I looked out the over the deck and noticed that there is >4" on the railing where the ground temp hadn't melted it! It snowed more later! hahaha - I love winter in spring!

I didn't see it myself, Mike, but I've heard from you and others reports of snow in CT yesterday. The latest in my three decades here. May's the record - we're pushing it!

I was running Sleeping Giant yesterday around noon and I swear I saw about twelve snow pellets over a two minute period while up top but I thought I was just going coo coo bananas since it was 40ish degrees out! :p

I was running Sleeping Giant yesterday around noon and I swear I saw about twelve snow pellets over a two minute period while up top but I thought I was just going coo coo bananas since it was 40ish degrees out! :p

More reports at work of snow early yesterday morning. It was close to freezing here then, so not much chance to melt. And Chris, it can come from higher up in the sky as frozen and stay that way until it hits the ground sometimes, so long as the column of air a bit warmer than freezing is not too high.

The desert cactus, palm trees and orchids in my Newton, MA backyard are all in full glory and the oranges are about ripe to pick ... yeah right. No snow, but remember that old Yankee wisdom about snow this time of year ... its called "poor man's fertilizer". May we all enjoy our alpine gardens soon ... as usual but maybe a week or two later.

Monadnock is apparently an ice sheet still (White Dot, presumably...just saw a pic on MyTwitFace). It's looking to be a fairly late spring all around.