Race Brook Falls and AT to Race and Everett

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Date of Hike: May 2nd, 2015

Trail Conditions: Dry overall, a few muddy places in the usual spots on Race Brook and the AT near the Race Brook junction. On the way down, we took the old upper section of Race Brook back to where it met the re-route near the campsite which was not too hard to follow if you've been on it a few times before. That section had the only piece of ice left in the area on 5/2.

Special Equipment Required: Sunglasses and sunscreen would be good as the leaves are not on the trees quite yet. The bugs are beginning to get bothersome, but we did not use any bug spray.

Comments: Optional - Great day to be out, really did not see too many people out today. The Undermountain trail for Bear Mt. did have enough traffic that people were parked along the side of the road. Not as much water as I expected in the upper falls but still quite scenic. It was Ben & Thomas' first time on this hike, Nicholas's 2nd so they enjoyed it just as it was, so did I although I'd seen it many times before.

Mike P., Nicholas P. Ben S. (birthday boy) Thomas S.
[email protected]

Last edited: