Tubbs Snowshoe Contact info ???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandgeri

Reaction score
Does anyone have a direct email address or phone number to somebody Tubbs? I have called several times trying to purchase new bindings and been directed to voice mail. I've left messages and sent emails to the generic address with no replies.

That's ashame, I was hoping it wouldn't happen. Tubbs closed up shop in Brattleboro VT recently and the company is now manufacturing their products in China.
Perhaps you will need to go back to the retailer where you purchased your snowshoes for information on where to purchase new bindings.

Good Luck.......
...Jade

Yep,
Just as Jade said they packed up and moved to China.
Vermont has lost something like 20% percent of it jobs to foriegn countries........

Don't jump up and blame the good folks at Tubbs... Good ol' Vashon Island-based K2 is who moved them out.

I understand that Tubbs sold out for 10 million....
I think the good folk at Tubbs are ...unemployed as of now.

Try callin EMS and ask them for the number they would use. I had a similar experience trying to track down a replacement binding strap for my MSRs. After a batch of frustration I got a number from an EMS sales rep that got me dialed directly to a human being at MSR, and they sent me the strap within days for free.

The last contact I had with Tubbs was in October, with Kathy Murphy, General Manager, and Lee Jobin, Warranty Manager.....

I was told by Kathy that Tubbs would have a office in the Stowe area to "support our business and brand"...I hope this is still the case.

The address I have are:

52 River Rd
Stowe VT
802-253-7398

[email protected]
[email protected]

Let's find out what's up!

Thank you for the names! I wrote an email to Kathy and Lee - Kathy called me back in 10 minutes! Then Lee called in another 5 minutes to discuss the issue. My boots do not fit in the bindings and I was looking for a wider binding. Keep in mind that I only wear a size 8 show.

Lee is sending me two different versions of the TD91 binding for me to try.

Kathy explained that they are swamped with calls right now which is why the repair area had not returned my calls.

At first Lee was recommending the bear hug binding, but after talking about the type of hiking I do, he agreed that the TD91 would be the best fit.

Updates to follow.

Tubbs

According to a story my wife heard on NPR this week the vast majority of Tubbs employees quickly found new jobs. Hopefully they are good jobs. I just purchased a pair of Tubbs and they were still made in the USA...possibly one of the last pairs

adkleaddog said:
The address I have are:
52 River Rd
Stowe VT
802-253-7398
i have an 800 number for customer service that is still answered by a live person (post china):
1-800-882-2748

UPDATE - After talking to Tubbs yesterday I was very pleasantly suprised to arrive home today and find a package waiting for me wth two sets of TD91 bindings! One of them is the latest version, and one is an extra large protype that will work perfect with the overboots I have for extra cold days.

Overall Tubbs has provided excellant customer service in the past 4 years that we have been using their products.

B&G.....
Glad to hear about the happy ending....I appreciate the quality of Tubbs snowshoes enough that I just purchased an extra pair for when company arrives unprepared for what I have in mind!!

Although I hope this is the last of the snow, I am looking forward to the Nor'easter predicted to hit this afternoon.......

One difference between skiers and snowshoers is that skiers wax their skis, snowshoers wax their dogs' paws so they can join in the fun!!

....Jade