Possible white nose syndrome cure

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good news!

But my guess is that the population will recover in any event. White nose has been common in Europe for much longer, and there is a large resistant population. Recent reports in the US indicate that a resistant population is developing here (from a very small % of individuals), and this will be the basis for a population recovery, perhaps over a couple decades.

The press is always apocalyptic (or even apoplexic) about something; "if it bleeds, it leads."

Unfortunately many of the populations were threatened to begin with. Was this event the one that knocks one of the varieties over the edge?

Non-scientific study here but I live under New England's largest (most populated) bat cave and the number of bats hovering around my yard at dusk has risen from 1 to 2 to 3 over the last couple summers. Others report similar small increases in the area.

certainly good news in light of ever increasing illnesses caused by biting insects and states cutting cost and not spraying. (Which in some aspects is good as what was the poison doing to the ecosystem?...)