Sad End to a Lost Hiker with a connection to VFTT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
http://cadescovelovers.blogspot.com/2015/06/missing-hiker-jenny-bennetts-car.html

The details are still coming out.

Jenny was a member of VFTT in the past as "Jenny B" before the site crashed and recently had asked me to sponsor her to rejoin as "Colenso". She was a hardcore off trail hiker in the Smokies and when I had hiked with her previously in the whites, she was a hard core bushwhacker even though when I knew her she objected to the term "bushwhacker". She had retired recently and was looking forward to moving up to Saint J Vermont this summer and her most recent posts were about bushwhacking.

I had done several major bushwhacks with her when she had lived up here previously and based on her plans I was expecting to go visit the Adams Slide with her at some point this summer.

A link to her blog https://streamsandforests.wordpress.com/

RIP

Last edited:
Terribly sad. I remember the Jenny B name, but didn't make the connection to 'Colenso'. She had been posting a lot recently and appeared to be looking forward to coming back North.

RIP

Oh dear, was this the hiker who was asking about tough bushwhacks in the Whites? I enjoyed reading that thread.

Yes she was the hiker, scanning the thread on whiteblaze it looks like she was on some of her last hikes before moving north.

Really sad story. Having seen a couple of Jenny's recent posts on VFTT I was looking forward to reading some fun trail stories. I took a look at her blog from the Smokies and I know I wouldn't have been disappointed.

That's terribly sad, especially as she was looking forward to coming back to hike in the north.

Does anyone know the cause of death? I did not see it in the article.

It is sad when we lose one of our own. What we love to do, does carry risks but it's still sad when it happens.