Thread: Galehead and Garfield via Gale River, Frost, Garfield Ridge, Garfield 6/14/15

'Springtime' on the Carters (Tamworth, NH)

Galehead and Garfield via Gale River, Frost, Garfield Ridge, Garfield 6/14/15

Trails
    Gale River Road
    Gale River Trail
    Garfield Ridge Trail
    Frost Trail
    Garfield Ridge Trail
    Garfield Trail

Conditions
    For the sake of brevity, all trails are in great shape, with minor mind and water spots here and there. There was one root on the Garfield Trail the proved tricky to negotiate, but I suspect user error on that.

Special Equipment
    Bugs were not bad where we were, but worth bringing dope/net this time of year.

Comments
    Awesome day to be out! Doing the loop CW is nice as you climb up more steeps than you descend, and you get to end with Garfield. The views were spectacular from the summit - worth spending extra time. Doing the road walk first was the way to go since the walkout is already pretty long. They were peaks #24 and #25 for my hiking companion - past the halfway point! Finally got that last bit of the GRT that I had been missing. Those two PUDs are annoying, but at least they offer views (which people seem to omit!).
    Last edited by TJsName; 06-16-2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Hiking companion demanded credit for all peaks hiked. Also corrected direction! :)
    | 64.5% W48: 19/48
    Trail Adopter of the Guinea Pond Trail