Fatality on Champney Falls

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure where historical info can be found on accident stats in the Whites but this seems like it has been a pretty bad year for fatalities and accidents. Not sure if it is the availability of so many media sources now or if it really was a bad year. Where does one find a log or record of such incidents on a year to year basis? Does that even exist?

Not sure where historical info can be found on accident stats in the Whites but this seems like it has been a pretty bad year for fatalities and accidents. Not sure if it is the availability of so many media sources now or if it really was a bad year. Where does one find a log or record of such incidents on a year to year basis? Does that even exist?

I would guess the accident rate increases with usage. There has been an increase in usage - I read recently that applicants to the 4000-footer club have doubled in the last 12 years. I would guess that correlates to general trends. We can also see the accident info from online sources such as FB such as the Pemi Valley Search & Rescue postings.