Class of 2004 46ers

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1889

Reaction score
The Class of 2004 46ers is posted on the 46er web site:

http://www.adk46r.org/46new2005.html

If anyone notices any errors, let me know. I am preparing the complete 46er roster for an upcoming 46er book, and I want it to be as accurate as possible. Thanks!

That is pretty cool. #5442. The only downside is Dawn #5443 bringing down the value of my number I was going to sell on Ebay. (I bet you planned it that way Hammer.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I was kinda pissed about the whole thing at first. I've already documented the whole tragic affair -HERE-. I'm gradually accepting it, 6-8 more months of meetings should do it. :)

In sum and substance, it goes like this;

---------------------------------

There were 4 of us that finished together on September 5, 2004. and dutifully provided the necessary paperwork. AND THIS - is what they did to ME.

Let me set the scene; As we approached the summit rock (on Whiteface), after completing the arduous 5 year odyssey as a family group and team. We all looked at each other, some with tears welling up I admit, and WE ALL had the same thoughts:

THE RACE WAS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The results:
  • 46-r #5459 - My 11 y/o daughter - as we got within about 20' of the summit, I stuck my foot out and sent her flying. Not even close.
  • 46-r #5460 - My beloved wife - PLLEEEASE....... she was outta breath before we even got close and wasn't ever even in the race.
  • 46-r #5461 - My 14 y/o son - I admit, this one was close, but just as we both got within a few feet, I shoved him as hard as I could and he went flying. Don't worry the swelling went down within a few weeks and with 1-2 more operations, he'll be good as new. :rolleyes:
  • 46-r #5462 - Yeah, can you friggin beleive it. I clearly touched the summit rock first, and what do I get for my troubles, you got it, dead stinking last.

I inquired, and they said something like alphabetical (blaa, blaa, blaa). I just sent a strongly worded letter to the executive board letting them know that "they'd be hearing from my lawyer"

:cool: :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

---------------------------------

Obviously, I'm kidding. Proud to report that newly minted 46r's 5459-5460-5461 - and me (5462) got our confirmation letters a few week back. See ya in May.

Last edited:
Sorry dad but this is how it realy went down. We all held hands (awe) and we walked up waited in lin 5-10 minutes (come-on) and thaen we walked up to the sign and touched together with our uncle who also finished that day but didnt get his paperwork in, and then everyone (literaly) started taking pictures of us because thay must have thought we were famous because our family was taking pictures of us. :cool:

First off...Mavs, I would divorce yourself from that family and get one that appreciates you and is willing to share your interests in life. ;)

Second...Brad...is that the High Bridge in Letchworth State Park in your avatar? It looks familiar. I used to hike there growing up in WNY.

Third...naaa naaa naaa...I'm number 5375...so far beating all you new 46ers this year. (I'll wait till a lower number posts before I hang my head and run away with my tail between my legs.) :D

Lastly...congrats to ALL finishers this year. Especially my two fellow finishers Garen and Kevin!

Last edited:
Congratulations, all! Great job!

My "number" story: My wife and I finished together with our friends Pattye and Mark, on Esther. They had waited for us to catch up (we started quite a few peaks behind them), so naturally, we took the later numbers. So Pattye is 2222, my wife is 2223, and I'm 2224 (this was in 1986).

And Mark? He hated hiking (would rather be climbing), and even though he completed all the peaks, he steadfastly refused to write to Grace. We had quite a few laughs over that. The funniest was when Grace wrote, chiding Mark for not writing to her: "We have six year old children who write in when they climb a peak." She was great, and never to be forgotten!

Congratulations again.

TCD

professor said:
A special congratulations to # 5439 - That's Me! ;)

Only took 17 years....

We finished on the same day (though on Haystack).

Dick (5437) and Joanne (5438)

#5357 checking in.
I chose June 10th to finish on Emmons in honor of 46-Rs #1, 2 and 3 who completed the 46 on June 10, 1925, also on Emmons. I'm honored to be in the Class of '04 with such fine people as those posting here. OK, I don't actually know all of you, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt! See you next month in Lake Placid! :D

Hey Carol, I knew you finished near us, but forgot just how near. I see your number is just ahead of my daughters (5459) and the rest of us.

Nick, Don't you have homework or something ;)

Raymond said:
My honey, Susan, finished on Rocky Peak Ridge, not Rocky Peak. According to my ADK guide book (tenth edition), Rocky Peak Ridge is the higher point, 1.25 miles beyond—and 130 feet higher than—Rocky Peak on the East Trail.

For the purposes of the roster, it is called Rocky Peak. This is because the full name, Rocky Peak Ridge, is too long for the roster that will be in the upcoming 46er book. And it is listed as Rocky Peak on the web page roster as well.

mavs00 said:
[*]46-r #5460 - My beloved wife - PLLEEEASE....... she was outta breath before we even got close and wasn't ever even in the race.

NICE. See the respect I get? Hold on, let me adjust my oxygen tank. There, that's better. Tim fails to tell you all that not only did I hike 43 of those 46 peaks after a knee reconstruction after he THREW me off a horse, and a broken hand that occurred on Dix after he ABANDONED me and made me hike alone in the dark with a bear chasing me, but I also did it with only one lung and wearing an oxygen tank full time in order to stay alive.

Just for that, no chef boyardee for you tonight! ;)

Proudly, I will ALWAYS and forever be, 46er #5460 :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs00
[*]46-r #5460 - My beloved wife - PLLEEEASE....... she was outta breath before we even got close and wasn't ever even in the race.

NICE. See the respect I get? Hold on, let me adjust my oxygen tank. There, that's better. Tim fails to tell you all that not only did I hike 43 of those 46 peaks after a knee reconstruction after he THREW me off a horse, and a broken hand that occurred on Dix after he ABANDONED me and made me hike alone in the dark with a bear chasing me, but I also did it with only one lung and wearing an oxygen tank full time in order to stay alive.

Just for that, no chef boyardee for you tonight!

Proudly, I will ALWAYS and forever be, 46er #5460

I knew there was more to this story Tim.

ADK46r finisher numbers

Tim and all you N'yorkers-
I was astonished to get a number from the 46rs a few years back, a four digit one, at that...
Over here in New Hampshire they don't give out numbers because there have been more finishers than there are fingers and toes....

AlG said:
#5357 checking in.
I chose June 10th to finish on Emmons in honor of 46-Rs #1, 2 and 3 who completed the 46 on June 10, 1925, also on Emmons.
Bob, that is pretty cool. You know, of the 3 High Peaks I have yet to do, one of them is Emmons. I thought of saving Emmons for last and climbing it from the Ouluska Brook and the slide but I want a few friends and family to share my 46th with me (and my son, Dominic) so we'll settle for RPR.