Middle (and North and South) Tripyramid for Flags on the 48

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm getting behind on my trip reports. This is for Saturday the 12th.

For seven years running now I have raised a flag on Middle Tripyramid for Flags on the 48. This time one other hiker signed up for MT, a guy named Bob whom I first met at the trailhead, but who lives less than 20 miles from me back in Connecticut. We went up the South Slide and down Scaur Ridge, starting and ending at Livermore Trailhead.

The weather was good all day. There was no rain and it was much warmer than it has been in other years. The only downside weather-wise was a lack of wind for most of the time, which wasn't good for the flag, but that changed near the end of our stay up on the summit.

This was the first time on the Tripryamids for Bob. I think he said they were his 28th and 29th NH4Ks.

The South Slide served up some great views for us, and we were on the summit of Middle well before noon. We set up the flag without any trouble and hung around talking to the dozens of people who came through (including a NH4K finisher), and offering up cookies (from me) and hot dogs (from Bob, who had hiked up a little stove).

We could see the flag on North Tripyramid by going down the trail just a little ways, but we didn't see any flags on any other peaks. There was no flyby this year.

After two we took down the flag, and headed out over North Tripyramid (passing the North crew heading towards Middle) and down Scaur Ridge Trail. It was another successful memorial, and a couple of new peaks for Bob.

Here are the pictures.

--

Cumulus

NE111 in my 50s: 115/115 (67/67, 46/46, 2/2)
NE111 in my 60s: 24/115 (19/67, 5/46, 0/2)
NEFF: 49/50; Cat35: 36/39; WNH4K: 36/48; NEHH 81/100
LT NB 2009

"I don't much care where [I get to] --" said Alice, "-- so long as I get somewhere," ...
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll