Henry "Swampy" Paris, Tuckerman Ranger dead at the Age of 90

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To "Swampy" -cheers!

I did not know the man myself but his obituary was the most interesting I've ever read. I will toast swampy for sure on Thursday w/ Guinness in hand.

-peace

I posted this before under the heading "a true American Hero"

SherpaKroto said:
Swampy Paris, Longtime Tuckerman's Ravine Ranger and organizer of the Mount Washington Volunteer Ski Patrol died Friday in Woburn at the age of 90.
Boston Globe Story

Remember the bullhorn? That was him.

I also emailed Backpacker magazine and informed them. They actually emailed me back (which they don't usually do) and said thanks for the heads up... they will probably do a little write up on the man in the near future. I wish there was a way to get in touch with his widow (and family, I don't believe he had any children of his own, but neices & nephews) and let them know or get them a copy, also to let them know what a great man he was (I'm sure they already know), and how much he was appreciated.

I didn't even know the man personally, but I found myself thinking about him all day when I heard last week and I said a little prayer on the mountain this weekend for him. Rest in Peace "Swampy" ... you'll be missed.

Capt. Jim