New Arc'Teryx Boots / Custom Boots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new Bora2 boots by Arc'Teryx? http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?la...&subcat=Boots&model=Bora2-Mid-GTX-Hiking-Boot

Very intrigued by this design. I have a horrible time finding boots that fit well and this, at least on the surface, looks like a great way to get a custom fit. Have a lot of questions with the design but feedback in the comments seemed pretty positive. The possibility of one boot being a year round option is also interesting.

Are there other boots out there that have a custom moldable insert like this without getting into a plastic, rigid mountaineering boot? Off the shelf boots, particularly Winter models, do not agree with my apparently freakishly odd shaped feet. At this point I'm willing to spend any sum of money to not have my feet feeling miserable for most of my hike. Curious if anyone here has bought or is aware of a custom option.

Those boots don't look like they would be warm enough for real winter.

Those boots don't look like they would be warm enough for real winter.

That was my thought but they have a "Winter" insert and several reviews referenced using boots in snow several feet deep and "cold" weather ( a relative term that means different things to different people). No specs listed for the inserts on their website. One of the questions I was going to email them.

Most European made hiking boots have heat molded inserts. You mold them with the socks you will use.

And you're talking about a traditional boot, not a double boot or plastic mountaineering boot? Can you suggest some brand names for further research? Thanks.

DayTrip, the problem is suppliers. I am talking about single leather boots, not plastics (I have them too). Try to find a supplier of Lowa boots; Zamberlan and Sportiva. The problem is that these makers (not Lowa) send Chinese products to the North American market. There is Sport Dinaco in Montreal (Google) that could perhaps help you.

DayTrip, the problem is suppliers. I am talking about single leather boots, not plastics (I have them too). Try to find a supplier of Lowa boots; Zamberlan and Sportiva. The problem is that these makers (not Lowa) send Chinese products to the North American market. There is Sport Dinaco in Montreal (Google) that could perhaps help you.

Lowa is a brand I did some research on and I believe there were a few distributors in CT, my home state. I'll look into them further. Thanks.