Owl's Head : Fisherman's Path, Owl Head Path, Brutus Bushwhack, Lincoln & Franc Brk

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dailey7779

Reaction score
Owl's Head : Fisherman's Path, Owl Head Path, Brutus Bushwhack, Lincoln & Franc Brk

Date of Hike: Sunday, December 6th

Trail: Lincoln Woods, Franconia Falls, Fisherman's Path, Lincoln Brook Trail, Owl's Head Path, Brutus Bushwhack, Lincoln Brook Trail, Franconia Brook Trail, Lincoln Woods Trail

Trail Conditions: Lincoln Woods and Franconia Falls trails are snow and ice free. Fisherman's Path is well defined in spots (about 2/3 of it) but not so much in others, there is a little bit of snow here and there. Lincoln Brook Trail had a few inches of snow from the second wide crossing to the base of Owl's Head Path. The slide is a mix of snow and ice, I used my micospikes. Took Brutus Bushwhack on the way down, there is some snow but it's mostly gone by the time you hook onto the old skidder road that leads back to the Lincoln Brook Trail. Upper water crossings on Lincoln Brook Trail can be rock hoped with care, the wider two crossings on the lower end of the trail are running low but there will be one or two steps where you might get your boots and ankles wet, watch out for icy rocks.

Comments: I enjoyed this hike to Owlie and really liked the Fisherman's Path/whack. Ran into a first timer on Owl's Head, congrats to Kim on her 47th peak and good luck with your upcoming finish! Checked out Camp 9 and the Narrow Gauge Line just off trail near Camp 8 on my way out, interesting areas. :) Report / Pictures

Name: Chris

Email: [email protected]

Last edited: