Hello from an old friend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencer

Reaction score
Maine Avatar: We could use some snow around here
Hello VFTT!
I haven't logged in for a few years, but I just got an email notification about a PM from someone looking for info on Maine peaks. So, while I'm here logged in, I thought I'd say "Hello" to many old friends.
How's it hanging?
I still hike, ski, bike, and paddle, but I can't say I've ticked off any new peaks of significance in a while. Our young boys keep us busy. We did an over-night hut trip to Lonesome Lake this fall, where both the boys (2.5 and 5.5) hiked RT on their own. My older son bagged his first of the NH4ks, Mt. Moosilauke (of course), this summer. All is well...

Cheers,
Spencer

Welcome back! There have also been some interesting discussions about autopsies, trees and national parks that would have benefited from your insights.

Yo Ho

Hello VFTT!
I haven't logged in for a few years...Spencer

Hey Spencer,

Glad to see you're alive and kicking.

I still have fond memories of our Baxter Park winter ski traverse and your wrasslin match with Schizzy!! OMG!

Yeah, kids and a mortgage have a way of impeding progress on lists.

Are you still working with Baxter Park in an official forester capacity?

cb

Hey Spencer,

So what is the deal around there ?!?
A bunch of us are heading up there on the 26th for several nights.
Base will be in Rangeley.
Feel free to join us for a hike or just hang out.
Would be good to see you again !

Cheers, Steve-o

I'm sorry I missed the autopsies, Stan!
Chris, I resigned my advisory role when I moved out of Maine. I might be back, though...
Steve - thanks for the invite. Would love to join -it's been a long time since I tramped around the border mountains. Alas, it wont' work this time... Have fun and if you eat in Stratton, watch out for THE LEATHER APRON.

Hey Spencer! Glad to hear from you. Miss Maine for sure. Life has taken its toll here as well out in CO, though it's all good... ferrying teens around to various and sundry activities and school, and coping with Front Range traffic, has kept me from those things they call mountains that mostly sit as a pretty picture on the western wall. Once in a while I am lucky to escape west though, and the exodus to college begins next year. Do PM if you are ever headed to CO and we can meet up... no lacking for variety out here, peaks or not... and a little acclimatization and your older one might do well on a 14er on a great day!

Haven't posted here in a long time and only visit occasionally. But it is nice to see a few familiar names! Hello to all. I'm hoping to get out on the trail a lot more in the coming year.

Pat T