york pond rd gate

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1SlowHiker

Reaction score
There is a slight chance that I might hike Cabot tomorrow (Christmas), if not -Saturday. I Any thoughts if the gate will be open or closed and not really ;) locked. I know it usually stays open 24/7 in the winter but I assumed that's snow related. Does any one have the phone number so I can check. I have it somewhere but if anyone has it handy... thanks

PS I was thinking of using Adams as a backup if gated, but it sounds like hurricane force winds on it tomorrow.

Thanks for the number Bob.
Wayne from the Berlin Fish hatchery told me the gate will be open the whole long weekend.
Now I only have to decide if I want to be a grinch and go tomorrow (mostly sunny) or Saturday (partly Sunny less wind).

after all that i changed my plans and am going to try galehead with an option for s. twin. Due to recent health issues i'll be lucky to make galehead. Leaving RI now and will try to get a few zzs at the 5 crnrs

If you try Cabot again later the Hatchery has told me previously they never lock the gate even for snow. They will pow the road and the parking areas.