Kahtoola K10 or Hillsound Trail Crampon Pro

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Boy

Reaction score
Anyone have any insight into either of these 2 crampons. Looking for a pair for hiking that will fit well on my sorel style boot. My current crampons don't work well with soft boots. Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any insight into either of these 2 crampons. Looking for a pair for hiking that will fit well on my sorel style boot. My current crampons don't work well with soft boots. Thanks in advance.

Hi Roy,

I really like the k10s with my Merrel Isotherms (similar to a Sorel).

I do wish they had the two front points that the Hillsound Pros have for kicking in. The one major con, besides a lot of plastic in the bindings and straps vs. nylon) is they require a small hex screw to be tight in order to remain the right size for your boot. I hiked the Tripyramids one winter day and had to constantly kick the toe into snow and hardpack to keep them from sliding all over.

The Hillsounds did feel a little bonier to me than the K10s but I didn't get much use out of them last winter.

Good Luck,

Z