Mt Guyot - final Winter Trailwright Peak :)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTNRUNR

Reaction score
After summitting South West Twin on January 2nd, only Guyot remained of the 72 Trailwright Peaks...all done in winter.

On Saturday, January 23rd I started out from 302 winter parking area @ 5:30 am. Snowshoed Zealand Road/Trail and the Twinway Trail to Guyot, out and back. Some rocks remained exposed, need more snow!

Great visiting the Hut each way! Had good views all day and even some sun on the way back :)

Saw a lot of others during the day, many in bareboots and skiers headed to the hut on my way out.

An awesome day for sure and even finished in the light about 4:30 pm. The hike was about 21 miles with approx. 5K vertical. It's been an awesome journey!!! :p

Pix on my way back with Guyot on the left, video approaching and at the summit.

guyot 1-23-16 51b (2).jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! And a great peak for a finish, one of those rare gems of a mountain which is not often a destination peak, but one of the best! Love the unique views from that summit. Great accomplishment!

Congratulations Fred! You have been working toward this goal for awhile.
Mt. Guyot's "counting" is one of the reasons I love the Trailwright's 4k list. :)

Congratulations Fred! That is quite an accomplishment and a testament to your strength and perseverance! Nicely done. What next...Trailwright's grid?

Thank you Tim, Adventurous, TrailWrightBratt, DMOutdoors, Sue & Carl for you kind words!

Further thanks Sue for all the inspiration you provide for so many and sharing your wealth of knowledge!

Special thanks to Mt C! Without your help, I would not have gotten this far!

My immediate goal would be to summit South West Twin solo...gotta have a dream :)