Comprehensive trails map to Mink Hills?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srhigham

Reaction score
Is there an available trails map that covers all of the Mink Hills between Henniker and Warner, NH? Have seen some low quality, partial maps on town websites. I know that there are several trails that have colors for names, as well as a Cross Minks trail. I crossed a yellow trail recently just north of Route 114 at the south edge of this area.

Thanks

There are quite a few nice trails in the Mink Hills. The yellow trail you mentioned goes from Rt. 114 up to the top of Windsor Ward Peak. There are several other nice trails near there. The Chandler Reservation over in Warner has a number of trails and the poor map you saw on line. Stewart's Peak has two trails that make for a nice hike if you can spot cars. Leave one car at the top of the hill on Howe Lane, just before the sharp right turn. There is a woods road that leads up to the left and is in the Chandler Reservation. Take the other car up to the end of Horne Street. There is a parking spot across from a nice old red house. Park there and walk up the road for about 50 feet and you will see yellow blazes on your left. Follow these to the top of Stewart's Peak. From there, follow the red blazes along the north ridge until you reach the Cross Minks Trail (blue blazes) and turn left. Follow the Cross Minks Trail down until you reach the woods road, turn right and down to your car on Howe Lane. If you want more information, contact me at [email protected]
The place has been pretty well studied.

iAmkrzys: The third link in the post you referenced seems the most interesting, but it is a dead link. Do you know where that map could be found?

Trail Bandit: I'll contact you.

Thanks

Steve,
I found this post just by googling for Mink Hills. I suspect your best bet is to create an account on hike-nh.com and to contact the author of the post directly.