Calendar Grid Opportunity this Monday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summitseeker

Reaction score
Hi All,

A lot of us hikers are crazy about lists and many of us have freed ourselves from the various versions of "games" that exist.

That being said, if anyone is considering the "Calendar Grid", this Monday is a leap year day (Feb. 29th) and a necessary day for he rules found on the website below.

"The rules of the game are simple. Hike at least one 4000 footer in the Northeast for each calendar day including February 29th. This is not meant to be accomplished in a single year but it certainly could be if you had the time."

http://www.48x12.com/everycalendarday/4keveryday.html

I just thought I would post this for anyone who might be tossing around the idea of completing this list.

Happy Hiking Friends,

Z :D

I keep track of the days hiked on 4Ks for my own entertainment, but am not planning to work on that until after many of the other lists and things I want to do(if at all). I do keep track of days of the year hiked for Mt. Monadnock as that is my local peak and I enjoy the history of the mountain. I do have the goal to hike there in every day of the year at some point and expect to get that done much sooner than doing it for the 4Ks. I've already looked ahead to see that the next Feb 29th falls on the weekend and that will be easier to try and hike on since I have taken/scheduled so many other vacation days already this year.